Server RSC Tornado TDN551 AFS
- 100% "hot water" liquid cooled with high density of storage - up to 1 PB in 1U rack space.
- 32 NVMe solid state drives in EDSFF E1.L form-factor (long rooler)
- Two Intel Xeon Scalable CPUs.
- Compatible with RSC Tornado TCC084Z rack, needs 1U of rack space
- Hardware management controller inside.
- Two redundant hot-swap power supplies.
New SSD form factor EDSFF E1.L (formerly "Long Ruler")
E1.L is a purpose-built form factor optimized for disaggregated systems. Providing high per server capacity, enabling up to 32 hot-swap drives per rack unit for massive storage power, up to 1 PB in 1U rack space. In addition to capacity, this form factor provides key features of thermal efficiency, full serviceability, scalability, and future ready performance.
2nd Gen Intel® Xeon® Scalable
- Higher Per-Core Performance: up to 28 cores, delivering high-performance and scalability for compute-intensive workloads across compute, storage, and network usages.
- Intel® Deep Learning Boost (Intel® DL Boost) with Vector Neural Network Instruction (VNNI) bring enhanced artificial intelligence inference performance, with up to 30X performance improvement over the previous generation, 2nd Gen Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors help to deliver AI readiness across the data center, to the edge and back.
- Greater Memory Bandwidth: 50 percent increased memory bandwidth and capacity. Support for six memory channels per socket, with speeds up-to 2933 MT/s (1 DPC).
- Intel® Advanced Vector Extensions 512 (Intel® AVX-512): With double the FLOPS per clock cycle compared to previous-generation Intel® Advanced Vector Extensions 2 (Intel® AVX2), Intel® AVX-512 boosts performance, and throughput for the most demanding computational tasks in applications, such as modeling and simulation, data analytics and machine learning, data compression, visualization, and digital content creation
Reliable cooling for hottest processors
Even CPUs with TDP 205 Watt work stably and effectively. No throttling and losing performance!
Node Management Controller (NMC)
- Installed into each blade server for integration into a single composable architecture.
- Performs advanced monitoring, management, monitors the prevention of possible emergencies and can also perform the tasks of the RSС BasIS Orchestration Platform, providing its resources for building composable computing and storage systems.
Hi-speed interconnect up to 100 Gbit/s
Using high performance network technologies like Intel Omni-Path, Mellanox Infiniband EDR/HDR100, 100Gb/s Ethernet connected through two PCI Express 3.0 x16 ports.
100% liquid cooling
- no air cooling required;
- high reliability – no fans and mechanically moving parts inside the servers and rack;
- "hot water" cooling – free cooling all year round, PUE 1,04.
Reliable power supply
Server RSC Tornado TDN551 AFS has 2 redundant hot-swap power supplies with platinum efficiency, 1200 W each.
Both power supplies are liquid cooled.
It is possible to connect PSUs to two different power lines. Automatic switching in the event of a fall of one of the lines will occur.
RSC Tornado AFS storage with high-availability features
TDN511 AFS node has new high-availability feature to support reliable high-capacity storage. This solution provides high reliability and data availability by combining RSC Tornado AFS nodes in functional pairs. In the case of one of the servers of a pair goes down, the second server provides full functionality of storage elements of first server. This approach enables high-reliability storage of up to 2 PB in 2U form-factor with 64x Intel® SSD NVMe drives in EDSFF.L design (aka «ruler»).
Easy to use with RSC BasIS management platform
- Cluster installation complexity: By providing proven and complete set of HPC Cloud configuration templates and instruments.
- Creating Software Defined Storage: based on software defined configurations, fully optimized for the user needs, with storage elements provisioned dynamically on request and exported either as a block or a filesystem.
- Data center management complexity: By using a single approach to manage all data center layers: from infrastructure to user workload.
- Data center knowledge management: By providing powerful APIs for data gathering and analysis, supported by extendable visualisation tools.
- Data center Operation Automatization: By allowing system operators to create flexible automation scenarios based on collected data.
- Platform Extensibility: Advanced Platform Framework and API to develop custom components based on micro-agent architecture